Looking fancy, cooking very easy. A perfect dish to cook together and when the food needs to be quick on the table. Oriental flavours, creminess of the avocado and the succulence of the chicken make for an amazing dish!
For 4 people
- 400 gr Instant couscous
- 400 ml water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 400 gr chickpeas in water
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt, pepper
- vegetable oil
- 16 sticks green Asparagus tips
- 100 gr cherry tomatoes
- 2 Avocados
- Capers (if you are lucky to find Sansho pepper use that)
- Take the chickpeas out of its tin and put it into a colander and rinse under running water. Let them dry a bit, and cut the garlic in thin slices while you heat up the vegetable oil and in a pan on high heat.
Put the chickpeas into the pan when the oil is very hot and sprinkle the cumin on top. Keep flipping them until they turn crispy and smell delicious. Transfer them into a bowl and salt them to taste. But watch out! People tend to eat them before the plating because they are delicious!
- Pour the couscous into a large bowl, add the stock cube and the cumin and mix thoroughly. Bring the water to boil and pour it over the couscous and stir it through with a fork to loosen the texture. Let it rest while you butterfly-cut the chicken breast.
- Season the breasts with salt and pepper and heat up some oil in a large pan to fry the breasts in. Preheat the oven to 80 degrees and start frying the chicken for 4 minutes on both sides. Transfer the chicken onto a plate into the oven to keep warm.
- Heat up a pan to very high, drop the asparagus into the pan and pour about 200 ml of water on top. Put a lid on top and let the asparagus steam for approximately 5 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
For the tomatoes you can either slice them very thin or put them into the oven with some olive oil at 200°C until they pop.
- Break down any lumps of couscous with a fork and add the olive oil to create a loosely holding texture.
Plate with the houmous, avocado, capers and enjoy an amazing tasting and very healthy dinner!