Asian flavours on point! A quick weeknight dinner that your family will crave at least once a week! Why not pair this dish with a light white wine and your set all through summer!
For 2 people
- 300 gr Sushi rice
- 300 ml water
- 2 Salmon fillets á 130 gr
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 50 ml Mirin
- 30 gr sugar
- 15 gr ginger
- 1 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp Sake
- 4 brown mushrooms or shiitake
- 1 red chili
- 1 spring onion
- 1 courgette
- black and white sesame
- Pour the sushi rice into a sieve and wash until the water that comes out at the bottom is clean. Add the rice and the water and 2 tsp. salt into a rice cooker/pot and cook the rice.
- For the sauce cut the ginger into small pieces, add them with all the other ingredients into a pot and bring to a simmer. Let the sauce reduce and add sugar if necessary.
- Clean the mushrooms and add them into the sauce when the sauce has reached the right consistency and let them cook by just using the residual heat.
- Brush the salmon with soy sauce and flame it with a blowtorch until you see the soy sauce caramelizing around the edges.
The salmon is supposed to be raw in the middle, so just use the freshest salmon you can find!
- Cut up the red chili, spring onion and courgette to decorate the dish!
- Plate the dish by putting the rice in a bowl, placing the fish on top, decorating with the vegetables, sprinkling the sesame on top and pouring the sauce that should have a syrup-like consistency over the top.