As today is Fathers Day in England, lets talk about breakfast in bed!
When you think about a delicious breakfast in bed the first thing that comes to mind is blueberry pancakes. Fluffy, melting in your mouth because of the maple syrup, sweet and mellow.
For 4 people
- 180gr all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 100ml buttermilk
- 100ml milk
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 200gr fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup
- Get yourself 2 bowls, one for the dry ingredients and one for the wet ones.
In the first bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and soda, the sugar and the spices.
- In the second bowl mix the egg, the milk and buttermilk, the melted butter and the orange zest together.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in one of the bowls but make sure to not overmix the batter as it makes the batter less fluffy and more sticky. A few lumps in the dough are completely fine. the dough needs to be quite thick and dry as it otherwise flows apart in the pan and does not create a nice shape.
- Preheat a pan to medium heat, and lightly oil the pan.
Place a dollop of the mixture in the pan and let it cook until small bubbles form on top of the mixture. Drop on some blueberries and flip. Cook until nicely browned on both sides.
- Serve with extra blueberries on top, a dollop of creme fraiche or some maple syrup!