Hot days, warm night, the summer can take a lot of effort to stay cool in! Ice cold watermelon, grilled sweet peaches and creamy buffalo mozarella will hopefully relieve you of some heat and will make you look forward to the evening!
For 2 people
- 1 ball buffalo mozarella
- 1 packet mixed leaf salad
- 3 Peaches
- 1 Avocado
- aged Balsamic vinegar (balsamic glaze)
- Sugar, Chilli flakes
- (optional prosciutto slices)
- Sourdough bread
Pickled Tomato Relish
- 200gr cherry tomatoes
- 10ml olive oil
- 50ml White wine vinegar
- 30gr Sugar
- 7 leaves Basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- salt, black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and place the tomatoes on a baking tray.
Use a sharp knive to poke a hole in every tomato and dress with some olive oil.
Place the tray in the oven and bake until the skin has peeled off of the tomatoes.
- While waiting for the tomatoes to cool, mix the vinegar, the sugar togehter with chopped basil and minced garlic (or pressed through a garlic press).
Peel the tomatoes, place them inside the mixture and mash it up with the backside of a fork.
Taste the relish and season with salt and pepper, its supposed to have sweetness from sugar and tomato, acidty from tomato and vinegar, as well as a garlic note and in the back of your nose you should feel the basil as well.
- Place the mixture in the fridge to cool it down. Cut up the watermelon in small pieces and place on a tray in the freezer to chill.
- Destone and cut the peaches into slices. Mix together sugar and dried chilli flakes and coat the slices in it, let them sit for 5 minutes while you preheat a BBQ, a gill pan or an electric table grill to high heat.
- Toast the bread on the grill as well and plate, either family style on a large platter or individually.
- Salad in the middle, peach slices around, cubes of watermelon, prosciutto pieces and torn apart mozarella over the top.
A few dollops of the chilled tomato relish on top and a sprinkle of old balsamic vinegar, then it is ready to enjoy!